I recently got to sample Peters Overload ice cream, which is, according to Peters, “chunky, smashed up parlour-style ice cream”.
There are three Overload flavours:
- Violet Crumble – a bright yellow and brown ice cream that makes me think of bumblebees. It’s honeycomb-flavoured ice cream swirled with chocolate sauce and easily my favourite of the three Overload flavours. It’s loaded with crunchy Violet Crumble chunks that satisfy my love for chewy food, which is an awesome sensory pleasure to get from eating ice cream.
- Rolo – a brindle coloured ice cream. I didn’t think the Rolo was as successful as the Violet Crumble – it has the elements of Rolo: thick caramel sauce and chunky chocolate bits, but as Rolo it’s too deconstructed. I guess I was expecting little Rolos (or even full-sized Rolos) filled with caramel in the ice cream :D. It doesn’t make me think of Rolo but is still a yummy ice cream full of chocolate chunks and lashings of caramel sauce (can you see the caramel in the scoop of Rolo ice cream above?)
- Caramel Cookie Madness – the simplest of the three, a creamy vanilla ice cream mixed with caramel sauce and soft cookie pieces.
Peters describes the Overload ice cream range as “chunktastic” which I think is pretty accurate.
All Overload ice cream flavours are extremely sweet – some people might even find it sickly sweet. We’re more savoury-toothed than sweet-toothed in our household, so a little goes a long way – I’ve been eating one scoop in a serving at a time and that’s all I need.
Peters Overload is available in 1.2L tubs (RRP AU$7.99) in supermarkets nationally.
Competition: win a Peters Overload ice cream kit
Thanks to Momentum and Peters, one lucky reader will win a Peters Overload ice cream kit, which includes:
- 3 x 1.2L tubs of Peters Overload Parlour Style Ice Cream – that’s a tub each of Violet Crumble, Rolo and Caramel Cookie Madness
- 4 ice cream bowls
- an ice cream scoop
To enter, leave a comment below in response to the question:
What would be your ultimate ice cream flavour? If it doesn’t exist yet, feel free to describe your ultimate ice cream flavour fantasy!
Please make it clear you are entering the competition.
I would love to eat a maple-flavoured ice cream with swirls of maple syrup and salty candied bacon bits in it, served on a golden crispy waffle with freshly grilled, hot caramelised banana. :D
- This competition is open to Australian residents only
- Competition closes Tuesday 25 January 2011 at 9PM Australian Western Standard Time
- Please include a valid email address (will not be published) as the winner will be contacted via email.
- The winner will be chosen using random.org and announced at The Food Pornographer, on TFP’s Facebook page and Twitter.
Have fun and good luck!
This competition is now closed. Thanks for all your great entries! Congratulations to the winner, Nicki Blake! Hope you enjoy the ice cream, Nicki!
Reviewed products and competition prize have been provided by Momentum on behalf of Peters. All opinions expressed in this post are my own.