There are two parts to this post:
- About Cook For Your Career – a national competition for aspiring chefs
- A book giveaway – win one of two signed Matt Moran cookbooks – this competition is closed. The winners have been announced
Cook For Your Career
If you’re an Australian who dreams of becoming a professional chef, the HOSTPLUS Cook For Your Career (C4YC) competition gives you the chance to win an apprenticeship at one of Australia’s leading restaurants. The competition is supported by the Restaurant & Catering Association Australia, Australian Hotels Australian and TAFE.
This year, the chefs offering apprenticeships at their restaurants are:
- Peter Doyle (Peter Doyle @ The Quay, NSW)
- Ben Sidebotham (SkyCity, NT)
- Ben Russell (ARIA, QLD)
- Camillo Crugnale (Assaggio, SA)
- Graham Taute (The Point Revolving Restaurant, TAS)
- Adam D’Sylva (Coda, VIC)
- Phil Parsons (Deco, WA) – read my interview with Phil
Following short-listing of the entrants in each state, the competition includes a public voting period and a Grand Final cook-off at the Melbourne Food and Wine Festival in March.
For full details, terms and conditions and to enter, visit www.cookforyourcareer.com.au Entries close at midnight Monday 20 February 2012.
Matt Moran cookbook giveaway
Thanks to HOSTPLUS, I have two hard cover special edition autographed copies of Matt Moran’s latest book “Dinner at Matt’s” to give away.
In this book, renowned chef and co-owner of ARIA restaurant Brisbane and Sydney Matt Moran shares his favourite dinner party menus. Recipes include Matt’s classic mushroom consomme, sauteed chicken and chorizo, beef Wellington, chocolate and Earl Grey tea tart, pistachio souffle and strawberry shortcake.
How to enter (2 steps)
1. Leave a comment at this post describing the most memorable menu or dish you have experienced at a dinner party. It’s up to you how you interpret “memorable”.
2. Please also send an email to email@example.com with the subject “Matt Moran cookbook competition”. In the email, include your full name and your comment.
Book giveaway terms and conditions
- Prize: Two people will each receive a signed hard cover special edition of “Dinner at Matt’s” autographed by Matt Moran himself, valued at AU$55
- The competition is open to Australian residents only
- Competition closes Monday 20 February 2012 at 9pm AWST (Perth time)
- Entries will be judged on their creativity, honesty or entertainment value.
- You may only enter once.
- Winners will be announced at The Food Pornographer blog, Twitter and Facebook and contacted directly by email.
- Please ensure you include a valid email address in your entry (not published) so that I can contact you if you’re one of the winners.
Good luck! Thank you to HOSTPLUS for providing the prizes for this competition.
Edit, 22 Feb 2012: Congratulations to the winners!