Here’s your chance to win Gourmet Farmer Series 1 and 2 on DVD as seen on SBS.*
In Series 1 of Gourmet Farmer, former food critic Matthew Evans has thrown in his city life to live on a small farm in Tasmania. Matthew’s keen to grow his own food but he’s new to farming and has to learn the basics – everything from how to chop wood to milking a cow. There are challenges to overcome, but along the way, friends and locals provide help and advice.
In Series 2 released this year, Matthew is no longer a single man – he’s now got a wife and young son to support. He grows his farm from 2 to 22 pigs and looks expands his business beyond his market stall. With the help of his mates Nick and Ross, there are more culinary adventures ahead as they start their long table lunch business, creating menus from produce sourced exclusively from the local area.
There are 10 Gourmet Farmer prize packs to be won. Each prize consists of:
1 x Gourmet Farmer Series 1 DVD set (2 discs, RRP AU$29.95)
1 x Gourmet Farmer Series 2 DVD set (2 discs, RRP AU$29.95)
Total value: AU$59.90
Thanks to Madman Entertainment for providing the prizes.
This competition is now closed. Winners have been contacted. See the most recent comment below for the list of winners.
*Note: this competition is open to Australian readers only.
How to enter (2 steps)
- Leave a comment at this post describing what your own “gourmet farm” would be like.
- Please also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Gourmet Farmer competition”. In the email, include your full name and your comment.
Other terms and conditions
- The competition closes Wednesday, 30 November 2011 5pm Perth (AWST) time.
- Entries will be judged on their creativity, honesty or entertainment value.
- You may only enter once.
- The winners will be announced at The Food Pornographer blog, Twitter and Facebook, and contacted directly by email.
Good luck! Looking forward to reading about your dream gourmet farms!
I’m back from my 10-day holiday in Sydney. I had a brilliant time and ate fantastic food – I now have lots of photo editing and writing to do. In the posts to come I’ll be finishing off my Kuching series, starting my series of posts about Sydney and of course, sharing more of my eating adventures around Perth.