Thanks to Kitchenware Direct, Australian readers have the chance to win a Scanpan 32cm Classic Covered Wok/Chef Pan.
This Scanpan Classic Covered Wok/Chef Pan measures 45cm from handle to handle, with a diameter of 32cm. It is made from aluminium, has a ceramic titanium nonstick surface and tempered glass lid with heat-resistant handles. The wok is ovensafe up to 260C, metal utensil safe, dishwasher safe (although hand-washing is recommended) and suitable for use on all hobs except induction. It is made in Denmark and comes with a 10-year warranty.
See buyer reviews of this wok + more info at Kitchenware Direct’s webpage on the Scanpan 32cm Classic Covered Wok/Chef Pan
How to enter
Leave a comment at this post and include the following two things:
1. The phrase “I’m entering this comp”
2. Share a story involving a wok. It could be your favourite dish to cook in a wok, the first dish you ever cooked in a wok, a wok dish disaster or masterpiece… or something else! Use your imagination!
My wok “story” is a simple recipe. I first moved out of home, the first dish I ever cooked in my own wok was one my grandma taught me.
Easy wok potatoes
- Peel and boil a potato – it should be still firm and hold its shape – but no longer hard to bite
- Slice the cooked potato into 0.5cm-thick discs. It can be easier to do if you let the potato cool down a bit
- Heat oil in wok, add chopped garlic and fry until fragrant – don’t let it burn
- Add the potato slices plus oyster sauce to taste and season with black pepper – make sure the potato is slightly browned, heated through and coated with the oyster sauce and garlic. Be gentle so you don’t break the potato slices too much.
Pretty easy! Use as many potatoes as needed.
Competition terms and conditions
- Prize: ONE winner will receive 1 x Scanpan 32cm Classic Covered Wok/Chef Pan (RRP AU$329), supplied and delivered by Kitchenware Direct
- The competition is open to readers with Australian postal addresses only
- Competition closes Friday 4 May 2012 at 9pm AWST (Perth time)
- Entries will be judged on their creativity, deliciousness and/or entertainment value
- You may only enter once
- The winner will be announced at The Food Pornographer blog, Twitter and Facebook and contacted directly by email
- Please ensure you include a valid email address (not published) when leaving your comment entry so that I can contact you if you’re the winner
Thanks to Brad from Kitchenware Direct for helping organise the prize for this competition.
And don’t forget my macaron book + zine competition – it closes on 27 April and is open to readers worldwide.