Thanks to Curious Distribution, you have the chance to win one of five double passes to see Jiro Dreams of Sushi, an 83-minute documentary (rated G) that chronicles the extraordinary life of Jiro Ono, Tokyo’s most renowned sushi chef. The film opens 10 May.
Jiro has been declared one’s of Japan’s National Treasures. His sushi bar is located in a Tokyo subway station and seats only ten diners, but he is the first sushi chef to have won a prestigious three Michelin stars. At 85 years of age, he is the oldest Michelin chef alive and still works from sunrise to well beyond sunset, tasting every piece of fish, meticulously training his employees and striving for perfection in each of his sushi creations.
The film explores the passion and dedication required to run and maintain a legendary sushi restaurant and the journey of one of Jiro’s sons to someday take his father’s place at the head of this culinary dynasty.
Watch the trailer below:
I’m looking forward to watching the film and eating sushi afterwards.
How to enter
Leave a comment at this post and include the following two things:
1. The phrase “I’m entering this comp”
2. Describe your dream sushi meal (a snack or banquet, a few dishes or many, it’s up to you).
Competition terms and conditions
- This competition is open to readers with Australian postal addresses only
- The prizes: FIVE winners will each win a double pass to see the film Jiro Dreams of Sushi, courtesy of Curious Distribution
- Jiro Dreams of Sushi opens 10 May and the double passes are valid at the following cinemas where the film is showing:
- Chauvel Cinema, Sydney
- Greater Union Manuka, Canberra
- Palace Centro, Brisbane
- Cinema Paradiso, Perth
- Palace Nova Westend, Adelaide
Before entering, please ensure you’ll be able to attend one of the cinemas listed.
- Competition closes Saturday 12 May 2012 at 9pm AWST (Perth time)
- Entries will be judged on their creativity and deliciousness
- You may only enter once
- My friends and family may not enter
- The winners will be announced at The Food Pornographer blog, Twitter and Facebook and contacted directly by email
- Please ensure you include a valid email address (not published) when leaving your comment entry so that I can contact you if you’re one of the five winners and arrange prompt delivery of your prize.