My sister Juji has kindly given permission for me to share her recipe with you guys. Do let me know if you give it a go!
Swedish meatballs (by Juji)
Beef or veal mince and pork mince, to a total of 1 kg
1 onion chopped finely
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
1/4 cup milk
3 tablespoons thickened cream
1 teaspoon all spice
1 teaspoon nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
300ml chicken stock
1/4 cup thickened cream
nutmeg and salt and pepper to season
- Combine crumbs and milk, let soak in bowl.
- Cook onions in large frypan with a little oil or butter till soft.
- Squeeze excess milk out of crumbs
- Combine crumbs, mince and all other ingredients in large mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Refrigerate approximately 30 mins (at least).
- In frypan, fry all meatballs until 3/4 cooked (or thereabouts). When cooked remove from pan, set aside.
- On high heat, add stock, bring to oil, scraping brownings off bottom of the pan.
- Add cream, season, cook until thickened.
- Add meatballs, cook all the way through.
- Serve with boiled new potatoes and boiled red cabbage or lingonberry or cranberry jam.
Serves 4-6 people, depending on gluttony levels (that’s tfp writing, not Juji ;-P)