The morning after our Wild Duck degustation dinner, we decided to try the Dog Rock Motel’s buffet breakfast at Lime 303 restaurant.
I did a quick walk through checking out what was on offer at the buffet before grabbing a plate. There was:
- bottled fruit juice on ice – orange, apple, pineapple and tomato
- fresh sliced fruit – rockmelon, watermelon, kiwifruit, strawberry and grapefruit – and stewed fruit
- a selection of different cereals
- white, multigrain, wholemeal bread with preserves and honey
- Brownes yoghurts – traditional, deluxe, no fat and lite varieties in different flavours
- mini chocolate and fruit-filled danish pastries and plump little sugar-dusted muffins
- hot breakfast fry-up items
- complimentary local newspaper – I like to read the news while eating breaky – what about you?
I grabbed an orange juice and assembled myself a nice fry-up of bacon, mushrooms, scrambled eggs, baked beans, hash brown, chipolata and baked tomato topped with cheese. I also got some watermelon and a berry danish (not pictured). We ordered a cappucino for Jac and English breakfast tea for me. The eggs were soft and fluffy, my bacon deliciously caramelised. The springy, juicy mushrooms were my favourite. I went back for another round of mushroom, egg and beans after I finished this. Ah, the beauty of the breakfast buffet!
Jac toasted us a couple of slices of bread and so I also had a piece of toast with butter and honey.
It was very pleasant indeed, tucking into a tasty big breakfast. We talked and made our plans for the day.
The buffet breakfast isn’t spectacular, but it’s a good feed for a reasonable price, especially if you keep going back for more! It filled us up nicely, ready for another morning of exploring Albany… until more awesome eating in the afternoon. :)
Dog Rock Motel – Lime 303 restaurant
303 Middleton Road
Albany WA 6330
Telephone: (08) 9841 1400
Continental breakfast AU$11.95 (includes all the cold items only)
Full hot cooked buffet breakfast AU$17.95 (includes all of the Continental breakfast plus the hot food)
Buffet breakfast Monday to Friday 6.30am – 9.30am; Saturday and Sunday 7.30 – 10am
Bar open daily 5pm to late
Dinner daily 6pm to late
15% surcharge on public holidays
Room service breakfast and dinner available
Yep, there is a Dog Rock – see my post about dinner at Lime 303.
More Albany posts
This post is part of my series about our trip to Albany in January 2011.
See the full list of Albany posts.