Put on your eating pants! Eat Drink Perth is the City of Perth’s food and wine month, running throughout March.
There’s a story in the program about the role of bloggers and tweeters in the upcoming festival. My blog was one of several mentioned – see the article: Tasty tweets to spread the word (PDF 319KB)
Stay up-to-date, be entertained and drool over our delicious tweets!
Follow @eatdrinkperth and use the hashtag #eatdrinkperth on Twitter.
Eat Drink Perth is also on Facebook.
There will be many events including gourmet food tastings, panel discussions with chefs and producers, cocktail making and coffee appreciation classes, Irish food and drinks on St Patrick’s Day (17 March) and great lunch and dinner specials at restaurants around Perth – here are some highlights:
- The City Food Fair on 4 March will see city food retailers set up an outdoor food hall on the West end of Murray St Mall, with tables and chairs so people can eat their way up the mall.
- Twilight Hawker Markets will be held every Friday night in March at Forrest Place, Perth (on 4 March, it will run concurrently with the City Food Fair). Read my post about the Twilight Hawker Market
- Pho eating competition every Wednesday in March from 6.30pm to 7.30pm at What the Pho, Northbridge. Order a jumbo-sized pho and if you finish everything in the bowl, you’ll get it for free and win a meal voucher. Who’s up for the pho challenge?
- The Claisebrook Carnivale and Duck Derby will be held at lovely Claisebrook Cove on 20 March. The Carnivale will feature food, live music and entertainment, arts and crafts, and activities for the kids. I’ve already adopted my rubber duck for the derby – get yours for $5 (proceeds to Telethon) at www.duckderby.com.au
- For those who work in the food and hospitality industries, Fine Food Western Australia runs from 20-22 March at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre and will showcase the latest innovations in hospitality products and equipment. It’s free if you register online or $20 at the door.
- The Butchers Picnic will be held on 27 March at Northbridge Piazza with a meaty program, including sausage tasting, to delight carnivores. Entry is free.
There are many more events throughout March to appeal to gluttons, cooks and drinkers – make sure you check out the Eat Drink Perth website for all the details.
You may see me out and about at some of the events – I’ll be either be eating or pointing my camera at something!
My Eat Drink Perth posts
- Twilight Hawker Market
- Amusé Project
- The final Twilight Hawker Market… or was it?
- Claisebrook Carnivale, East Perth